AEF Project Categories
Projects funded by the Agriculture Enterprise Fund must match the description of at least one of the following four categories. Many projects will potentially match the description of more than one category and applicants should indicate so on their application.
- Increase in Farm Income
- This category includes projects that will increase farm income by offering farmers higher commodity prices than other markets, processing value-added products for farmers, or allowing a single farmer to add value to their own farm products.
- Increased Access to Markets
- This category includes projects that will create or expand a market for Tennessee farmers, including reducing miles that farmers must transport their products to market or creating an entirely new market.
- Increased Capacity
- This category includes projects that will expand the capacity of an existing agricultural business, including their production or processing capacity or the number of employees.
- Agricultural Innovation
- This category is appropriate for entrepreneurs who wish to market a new technological innovation with the potential to impact Tennessee agriculture by creating efficiencies in production, reducing costs, etc.