Tennessee State Fair and Exposition Commission
The Tennessee General Assembly created the Tennessee State Fair and Exposition Commission in 2012 to select and supervise a Tennessee not-for-profit corporation for the purpose of operating a state fair or exposition and to grant exclusive use of the name “Tennessee State Fair” or “Tennessee State Exposition.”
The commission comprises nine members including the commissioners of Agriculture, Tourist Development and Economic and Community Development (or their designee); the University of Tennessee Dean of Extension; the president of the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation; an appointee by the mayor of the host county; and three appointees by the governor.
The commission is administratively attached to the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and meets only as necessary to conduct business. Public notices of meetings are distributed to media and posted on the Tennessee Department of Agriculture’s newsroom and on the state’s public calendar on the home page of www.tn.gov.
For more information about the Commission, contact the Tennessee Department of Agriculture at 615-837-5103.
Feasibility Analysis of a Potential New State Fairgrounds in Manchester, Tennessee
- Bo Roberts, Managing Partner/Owner, Roberts Strategies, LLC (Chairman)
- Commissioner Jai Templeton, Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Commissioner Kevin Triplett, Tennessee Department of Tourist Development
- Asst. Commissioner Amy New, Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development
- Jeff Aiken, President, Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation
- Rogers Anderson, Mayor, Williamson County
- Hale Moss, President, Wilson County Fair
- Jim Forkum, Davidson County
- Dr. Delton Gerloff, Interim Dean, UT Extension