These companies allegedly advertised notario publico services without the required disclaimer in violation of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act.
- Attorney General Halts Unlawful “Notario Publico” Advertisements (#09-12, April 29, 2009)
- Attorney General and DCA Continue to Combat Unlawful “Notario Publico” Advertisements (#09-28, September 18, 2009)
- Attorney General Sues Woman, Business for Alleged Misleading Ads, Promoting “International Driver’s Licenses” (#10-07, February 25, 2010)
- State Filed Lawsuit against Business Owner Alleged to Have Engaged in Unauthorized Practice of Law, Violations of State’s Consumer Law (#10-18, June 9, 2011)
- El Estado Presentó Una Demanda Contra Proprietaria Alegada De Proveer Servicios Legales Sin Licencia, Y De Violar La Ley De Consumidores (#10-18, June 9, 2011)
- State Reaches Agreed Final Judgment Granting Permanent Injunction with Consumer Relief in Unauthorized Practice of Law Case (#12-25, October 24, 2012)
- El Estado Llega A Un Acuerdo Final Dando Un Mandamiento Judicial Con Alivio Para Consumidores En Un Caso De Practicar La Ley Sin Licencia (#12-25 - Spanish, October 24, 2012)
Martha Salazar, Comunidad Hispana
Marlene Garcia, A.P.I. Asistencia Profesional Inmigratoria
Elena Vargas, Express Latino Servicios and Express Latino Services
Mirella Garcia, Centro de Apoyo al Inmigrante
George Hanna, Goldstar Wireless, Gold Star Communications
Visa and Immigration Services Assistances, V.I.S.A.
Gelsy Cordero, ABC Linguistics
Selvyn Amaya, Servicios Publicos, Casa Taxes and Casa y Taxes
Julio Barillas, Reembolsos Rapidos and J B Services
Conny Diaz, Diaz Servicio de Taxes
Juan Hernandez, Centro Azteca
This list includes only significant filings and is not intended to be a complete record of the matter.