United States Benefits
United States Benefits, LLC, also d/b/a United States Health, United Benefits of America, UBA, United Benefits, United Health Benefits, Health Care America, HCA, National Benefits of America, Insurance Specialty Group, and Adova Health; Timothy Thomas, and Kennan Dozier, also d/b/a Kennan Dozier Thomas, Accentuate designs, and Accentuate Your Home, LLC
This action was filed jointly by the State of Tennessee and the Federal Trade Commission as part of Operation Health Care Hustle. UBA allegedly engaged in numerous unfair and deceptive acts and practices in connection with the sale of products which are represented to be major medical health insurance but are really only memberships in various benefits associations that do not provide major medical health insurance coverage.
Federal Court Filings in United States Benefits
- Complaint for Permanent Injunction and Other Equitable Relief (August 3, 2010)
- State of Tennessee and FTC’s Ex Parte Motion for Temporary Restraining Order, Asset Freeze and Appointment of Temporary Receiver (August 3, 2010)
- State of Tennessee and FTC’s Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Support of Ex Parte Motion (August 3, 2010)
- State of Tennessee and FTC’s Recommendation for Appointment of Temporary Receiver (August 3, 2010)
- Order Granting State of Tennessee and FTC’s Ex Parte Motion for Temporary Restraining Order, Asset Freeze and Appointment of Temporary Receiver (August 4, 2010)
- Plaintiffs’ Emergency Motion for an Order to Show Cause Why Defendants and the Relief Defendant Should Not be Held in Contempt for Violating the Ex Parte Temporary Restraining Order (August 17, 2010)
- Plaintiffs’ Notice of Witness Receiver Robert H. Waldschmidt and Summary of Expected Testimony to be Used in Preliminary Injunction Hearing (August 17, 2010)
- Receiver’s Initial Report (August 17, 2010)
- Order Granting Plaintiffs' Emergency Motion for Contempt (August 18, 2010)
- Stipulated Preliminary Injunction (August 20, 2010)
- Stipulated Final Order for Permanent Injunction and Monetary Judgment (September 28, 2011)
This list includes only significant filings and is not intended to be a complete record of the matter.