News & Events
NASHVILLE- A new Surgeon General’s report finds alcohol and drug misuse and severe substance use disorders, commonly called addiction, to be one of America’s most pressing public health concerns. Nearly 21 million Americans – more than the number of people who have all cancers combined – suffer from substance use disorders. In Tennessee, it is estimated that 373,000 adults and 26,000 youth have a substance use disorder.
- Tennessee Move Initiative
- Sejal West Named Deputy Commissioner
- Substance Abuse Often Associated With Suicides In Tennessee
- Tennesseans Are Celebrating Recovery In September
- Tennessee Increases Anti-Drug Coalitions To Prevent Substance Abuse
- Dr. Stephen Loyd named Medical Director for Substance Abuse Services