The Tennessee Department of Correction Citizens' Correctional Academy is a four week/five session seminar designed to provide local citizens with an in-depth look at corrections and our efforts to enhance public safety. The academy gives citizens the opportunity to learn about the departments' mission, operations and positive impact on the community.
A total of four (4) classes will be held one night per week from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. An additional session will be held on a Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until noon.
Who can attend?- The academy is open to all Tennessee citizens not employed by the TDOC.What are the requirements?- You must be 21 years of age or older.Where will the academy be held?
- No criminal history other than minor traffic violations.
- Must be able to attend all five (5) sessions.
- Must complete, sign and return all required forms, waivers and agreements.
When is it scheduled?
- Riverbend Maximum Security Institution, 7475 Cockrill Bend Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37243-0471
- Other Nashville locations (TBD at a later date.)- September 9 through October 2, 2014
- Tuesday, September 9 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday,September 16 from 6:00 p.m.until 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 20 from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 23 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 30 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 2 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. (Graduation)
Due to classroom size, the academy will be limited to 15 citizens. To apply, please complete the application and submit it by email to TDOC.Communications@tn.gov by Wednesday, August 20, 2014. All applicants will undergo a background check.