The Report Card employs the following features:
- A Profile page that includes student demographics as well as value-added composites, student achievement on state assessments, graduation rate and ACT.
- A Comparisons tab that allows the user to create their own comparison between the state, schools and districts on the following measures – Achievement, Graduation Rate, ACT Scores, Student Enrollment and Ethnicity, Per Pupil Funding, and Value-Added Composite Scores. Please note that due to the volume of data being calculated for this page, response times may vary.
- A College and Career Readiness tab that includes data on graduation rates, ACT scores, ACT college readiness benchmarks and students meeting the HOPE Scholarship Eligibility on ACT.
Report Card Archives
How do I...
- View specific school or district data?
- Compare schools or districts?
- Print a page or create a PDF?
- Create an image of the data?
To access the Profile Dashboard, click on the Profile tab at the top of the dashboard. The Profile dashboard displays information on students and teachers, student ethnicity, achievement, TVAAS composite, average ACT composite and graduation rate by year, district and school in Tennessee. You can view the data broadly, or you can choose a specific district or school.
Districts are listed near the top left of the dashboard (directly beneath the tabs) in the District Name drop-down list. Schools are listed to the right of the districts in the School Name drop-down list. You can choose one district at a time. In order to view the School Name list, you must first select a district from the District Name list.
For example, to view the 2012-13 data for Bearden High School in Knox County:
- Navigate to the District Name to the immediate right of the School Year slider. Click on the box below District Name, and a drop-down menu of district options will appear. Scroll down to Knox County using the scroll bar on the right side of the menu. Click on Knox County to select the choice. The charts in the middle of the screen will display data for Knox County.
- Navigate to the School Name drop-down list to the immediate right of the District Name drop-down list. Click on the box below School Name, and a drop-down menu of school options will appear. Click on Bearden High School to select the choice. Data for Bearden High School will display in the middle of the screen.
How do I select from the lists?
To select an item from a drop-down list, simply click below the name of the list to activate the drop-down list, then click on the box next to the desired item. The box will show a check mark once the item is selected. Please note, in order to view a list of schools on the Profile dashboard, either the All Schools option under the School Name list must be selected, or a district must be selected in the District Name list.
How do I clear a selected field or all selected fields?
To clear a selected item from a drop-down list, simply click on the checked box next to the name of the selection. Once the field is no longer selected, the check mark will disappear and the box will be empty. To clear all selections and start over, navigate to the top, middle of the screen, directly above the tabs. There you will see four small icons. Click the round Revert All icon (second to the left). The lists should reset and clear all selections.
To access the Comparisons dashboard, click on the Comparisons tab at the top of the dashboard. Using the Comparisons dashboard, you can display achievement, ACT test scores, enrollment by ethnicity, graduation rate, or TVAAS scores. You can view the data broadly, or you can choose a specific district, school, subgroup and subject.
Data Set options are available in the drop-down list to the right of the School Year slider. Districts are listed in the District Name drop-down list to the right of the Data Set list. Schools are listed in the School Name drop-down list to the right of the District Name list. Primary Subgroups are available in the drop-down list to the right of the School Name list. Subjects are listed in the drop-down list to the right of the Primary Subgroup list. You can choose as many districts as you like.
For example, to compare 2012-13 achievement in Alcoa and Anderson County:
- Navigate to the Data Set drop-down list at the top of the screen, next to the School Year slider and choose Achievement by clicking on it in the drop-down list.
Note: To make the data selections quicker, you can click the Pause Automatic Updates button (the third of the four buttons above the tab names) while making your data selections and then click it again once you have chosen all of your data parameters.
- Navigate to the District Name drop-down list at the top, middle portion of the dashboard, and click in the box below District Name to show the drop-down list. Select Alcoa by clicking the box next to Alcoa, and select Anderson County by clicking the box next to Anderson County. Achievement data for Alcoa and Anderson County will display in the middle of the screen.
- In the School Name list at the top, middle of the dashboard (next to the District Name list) you can choose specific schools by deselecting the All option in the School Name list (to deselected, click the box next to the selection). You can choose as many schools as you like.
- You can further narrow the data by choosing groups in the Primary Subgroup and Subjects drop-down lists by clicking on the boxes next to the desired choices in the drop-down lists. To view all in these lists, select All Students under the Primary Subgroup list and All under the Subjects list.
To print a page, it is easiest to create a PDF, save and print the PDF. First, navigate to the top, middle of the screen, directly above the tabs. There you will see four small icons. Choose the Export icon with the arrow on the far left. Once you click on the arrow, a small box with the choices Image, Data, Crosstab and PDF will appear. Click on PDF. Another dialog box will appear. The default settings will work for most PDFs. Click the orange Export button on the bottom of the box. On the next dialog box, click the orange Download button. The PDF will save to your computers hard drive.
To create an image, navigate to the top, middle of the screen, directly above the tabs. There you will see four small icons. Choose the Export icon with the arrow on the far left. Once you click on it, a small box with the choices Image, Data, Crosstab and PDF will appear. Click on Image. Click the orange Download button on the bottom of the box. On the next dialog box, select Save File. Click OK. The PNG file will save to your computer's hard drive.