The Office of Data Quality and Integrity will focus on ensuring that accurate data is entered into state data systems (EIS) and correct business rules are applied to ensure proper compliance with state laws and State Board of Education rules and regulations. Furthermore, the office will manage our efforts to maintain secure data Tennessee students and teachers
The goals of the Office of Data Quality and Integrity are:
- To provide support to district and school level personnel so that accurate data enters the Education Information System (EIS) using EIS reporting.
- To inform district level personnel of district compliance with state laws and State School Board rules pertaining to class size, employment standards, and district and school calendars
- To ensure that foundational data elements- district and school directory information and course codes- are adequately maintained.
Compliance with the following:
- Class-size standards
- Employment standards
- Employment standards waivers
- Teacher licensure
- State laws
- State Board of Education rules and regulations
- Administrative policy
In addition to the above compliance areas, School Approval personnel respond to all requests for information concerning school approval and interface with the Education Information System in compliance standards for school approval.