Green Star Partnership
The Tennessee Green Star Partnership (TGSP) is an environmental leadership program facilitated by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. The partnership recognizes Tennessee industries that are committed to sustainability and that exhibit continuous improvement throughout their entire operation. Sharing successes, networking, and best management practices are just a few of the opportunities TGSP offers its members.
The Tennessee Green Star Partnership is a voluntary program for industries located within Tennessee.
For information about the Green Star Partnership application, review, and compliance process click here.
Benefits of membership
- Inclusion in the TGSP directory for member networking and communication purposes
- Educational and networking opportunities
- Active promotion of your company by the Office of Sustainable Practices by recognition and solicitation of successes through:
- Webinars and video conferences
- Internet Blogs
- Other media outlets
- Use of the Tennessee Green Star Partnership logo on your website, promotional material, and displays
Note: All members will be checked yearly for compliance.
- Must currently operate under an active ISO 14001 certification and/or comparable Environmental Management System.
- Must have a minimum three years of exceptional environmental compliance with Department of Environment and Conservation regulations.*
* Exceptional performance in environmental compliance and/or safety will be determined upon records review.
Annual/Quarterly mandatory program requirements:
- Quarterly Progress Report
- Annual Pollution Prevention Metrics (October 1 to September 30)
Examples for information to support quarterly reports:
- Any events hosted/attended related to sustainability
- Exceptional safety record in organization
- Energy reduction goals achieved