- You may report TennCare Fraud or Abuse by either of the following methods:
- A. Download the Report TennCare Recipient Fraud form OR the Report TennCare Provider Fraud form and fax the completed form to: 615-256-3852
- B. Call the Fraud Toll Free Hotline at 1-800-433-3982
(You may also call the Office of Inspector General's main telephone at 615-687-7200 to report fraud.)
* Only tips submitted through the Fraud hotline are eligible for a reward.
Tennessee Code Annotated 8-19-501 states:
Reporting unlawful or unauthorized taking or abuse of public money, property or services -- Method of making reports.
(a) Any official of any agency of the state having knowledge that a theft, forgery, credit card fraud, or any other act of unlawful or unauthorized taking, or abuse of, public money, property, or services, or other shortages of public funds has occurred shall report the information immediately to the office of the comptroller of the treasury.
(b) The comptroller of the treasury shall have the power to prescribe the method of making the reports.
HISTORY: Acts 1963, ch. 88, § 1; T.C.A., § 8-1954; Acts 2010, ch. 784, § 4.
Finance and Administration employees should immediately notify the Office of Internal Audit if they are aware of any fraud, waste, or abuse by F & A employees, vendors, or contractors. Internal Audit will then act as the central contact with the Comptroller´s Office.
How to Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
If you would like to report fraud, waste, or abuse by Finance & Administration employees, vendors, or contractors, call the Office of Internal Audit at (615) 532-7098, or email us at FA.AUDIT@tn.gov, or contact the Comptroller´s Office
- You can report insurance fraud or abuse using this form.