Retailer's Resource Information Page
Licensing of Retailers
- An applicant for a license as a retailer shall complete an application form prescribed by the commissioner and submit the same to the commissioner along with a nonrefundable application fee of forty dollars ($40.00). The applicant shall also submit a surety bond in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000.00), executed by the applicant as principal and issued by a surety company qualified to do business in the State of Tennessee.
- An applicant for a license as a manufactured home retailer shall provide proof, at the time of application, of having completed a fifteen (15) hour course and passing an examination, approved by the commissioner, in the installation of manufactured homes.
- As a prerequisite to renewal of a license as a manufactured home retailer, the retailer shall provide proof of having completed a five (5) hour course and of having passed an examination, approved by the commissioner, in the installation of manufactured homes.
- A license as a retailer shall expire one (1) year after the date of issuance, unless renewed. Any retailer who fails to renew a license prior to its expiration but before ninety (90) days after its expiration shall pay a late penalty of fifty dollars ($50.00) in addition to the renewal fee. Any person desiring to renew a license later than ninety (90) days after the date of its expiration shall submit a new application and meet all other application requirement.
- Any retailer who commences business in this State prior to obtaining proper licensure shall be assessed a civil penalty of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for each manufactured home sold prior to licensure.
Authority: T.C.A. §§68-126-204, 68-126-206, and 68-126-210. Administrative History: Original rule certified June 10, 1974. Repeal filed April 20, 1978; effective May 22, 1978. New rule filed June 28, 1984; effective July 28, 1984. Amendment filed December 13, 1985; effective January 12, 1986. Amendment filed March 12, 2004; effective May 26, 2004.
Installation Seminar Information
Online Applications and Forms
Return to Manufactured Housing Section home page.
Unless otherwise indicated, files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® be able to view these files.