Location of Services
Services can be accessed by contacting your local health department.
The program also works with the following community health centers to serve women:
- Matthew Walker Community Health center – Davidson County
- Meharry Medical Services - Nashville
- Vine Hill Clinic - Nashville
- Resurrection Health - Memphis
- Good Samaritan Clinic - Alcoa
- Lifespan Health Center - Savannah
- Memphis Health Center
- Church Health Center – Memphis
- Christ Community Health Center- Memphis
- Rural Medical Services – East and Northeast TN
- Memorial Hospital sites – Chattanooga
- East Jackson Family Medical Center - Jackson
- All women must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Age: between 40 and 64
- Income: 250% FPL or less
- Insurance: uninsured or underinsured
Mammograms are only available for women 50-64. If a woman has family history of breast cancer she can receive screening services starting at age 40.
Women 40 and older can receive Pap tests and other needed cervical services.
Women younger than 40 who meet these general eligibility requirements can be enrolled for diagnosis and/or treatment services when they have suspicious results from screening services. The estimated number of women in TN eligible for the program is over 65,000 women. (CDC 2004).
How to Find Services:
- Contact the county health department to schedule an appointment for breast and cervical screening.
- Some community health centers also provide services for the program in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga and some rural areas of the state.
- Contact central Office at 1-877-969-6636 for more information or call one of the Community Health Centers listed above.