Tennessee Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies the National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program as, “developing and providing an integrated and coordinated approach to reduce the incidence, morbidity, and mortality of cancer through prevention, early detection, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliation.”
- Tennessee State Cancer Plan (2013-2017)
- Tennessee Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan for 2009-2012
- TEAM UP Tennessee: HPV Toolkit
- To measurably reduce the burden of cancer on the citizens of Tennessee by implementing a collaborative statewide plan driven by data, science, capacity and outcomes.
- To reduce the incidence of cancer by providing clear, concise, and effective prevention efforts including messages and intervention strategies.
- To detect cancer at an earlier stage when successful treatment is more likely.
- To increase the availability, accessibility, quality and equity of treatment for those diagnosed with cancer.
- To improve quality of life by promoting support, resources and services for the patient, family members and caregivers.
- To improve end of life care by promoting support, resources and services for the patient and family members.
- To continually enhance data collection capacity of the Tennessee Cancer Registry (TCR) so that completeness, timeliness and quality meet existing professional standards and data utilization becomes an integral part of cancer control.
- To evaluate the extent to which the goals and objectives of the Coalition are achieved and develop implementation plans for future work.
- To encourage the development and implementation of research and research findings to reduce cancer incidence and mortality.
- To promote participation in clinical trials among priority populations.
- To encourage the study and communication of accurate information to citizens regarding environmental and occupational exposure and cancer risk.
Dr. Martin Whiteside, Director
Mari Richardson, TCCCP Program Manager
Kathy Childress, Administrative Assistant