News & Events
NASHVILLE – Today, the State Board of Education voted unanimously on final reading to approve new, Tennessee-specific academic standards for Mathematics and English language arts.
A multi-year public review culminated in a six month rigorous revision process led by the Standards Recommendation Committee (SRC), whose members were appointed by the Governor, Lt. Governor, and Speaker of the House of Representatives and confirmed by the General Assembly. The new K-12 Tennessee Academic Standards for mathematics and ELA standards were then heard on first reading at the January 2016 State Board of Education meeting.
These rigorous standards set grade-specific goals that exemplify what students are expected to know and be able to do by the end of a given grade or course.
- State Board Seeks Public Feedback on New Science Standards
- State Board of Education Raising the Bar for All Tennessee Students
- Nationally Recognized Standards Review Process Sets Ambitious New Course for Tennessee Standards
- State Board Launches Social Studies Standards Public Review Website
- State Board Releases 2015 Teacher Training Program Report Card
- Tennessee State Board of Education Congratulates Teacher and School Leaders on Incredible NAEP Gains