Aviation Art Contest Results2017 State-Level Competition
And the winner is...
In the spring of 2017, the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) and TDOT Aeronautics Division hosted the 2017 U.S. International Aviation Art Contest, in which students were invited to illustrate the importance of aviation through art. More than 240 entries were submitted by parents and teachers on behalf of youth across the state. Entries were judged in three classes according to age and creative use of the contest theme.
Below are the winners for each category. Click here to view a PowerPoint of the winning entries.
Group I Junior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2007, and December 31, 2010)
- 1st – Olivia Hart of Paris Elementary School
- 2nd – Anna Daigle of Paris Elementary School
- 3rd – Liviya Freital of E.A. Harrold Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Mike Cinto of Cascade Middle School
Group II Intermediate Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2003, and December 31, 2006)
- 1st – Gitanjali Rao of Brentwood Middle School
- 2nd – Blake Olive of Cascade Middle School
- 3rd – Audrey Perry of Cascade Middle School
- Honorable Mention – Drake Hodge of Cascade Middle School
Group III Senior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 1999, and December 31, 2002)
- 1st – Tanner Poole of Cascade High School
- 2nd – Cody Hodge of Cascade High School
- 3rd – Sydney Smith of Cascade High School
- Honorable Mention – Mattison Ping of Munford High School
Award recipients were recognized at an official ceremony held Saturday, May 6, 2017, at 10:00 AM at Lebanon Municipal Airport. State winners placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd received a monetary prize up to $100, with a matching gift for the associated school art department. Winners at the state level also compete at the national level, and then go on to international competition.
TDOT is proud to co-host the annual art contest and encourages youth of all ages to become more familiar with aeronautics, engineering, and science. Congratulations to all participating artists!