Attestation after the First Payment Year
The information on this page is only for providers who are attesting beyond the first payment year. Either you have now met the Adoption, Implementation, or Upgrade (to a certified EHR system) (AIU) requirements or you have attested with 90 days of Meaningful Use (MU) data in your first year. (If you attested to MU in your first year, go to the MU Overview page.)
If you received payment for AIU in your first year, you are ready to proceed with meeting MU requirements to receive additional EHR Incentive Payments.
Providers must now
- Complete the Attestation packet on the PIPP portal
- Continue to meet the Patient Volume (PV) requirements
- Provide proof of having and using a certified EHR system
- Attest to MU criteria
- 1. To attest after the first payment year, go to the TennCare Provider Incentive Payment Program (PIPP) portal and log in. Click on "Log In" in the upper left, and then enter your User ID and password. (Note: You do NOT use the "Provider Web Registration" link on this page. You have already completed this task.)
You will need to go back to the CMS Registration & Attestation web site only if
- You have obtained access (purchased, leased, etc.) a different certified EHR system other than you attested with last year, and need to change the CMS Certification ID Number; And/or,
- You want to change Payee NPIs. For instance, you have moved from one group practice/clinic to another, or have joined or left a group practice/clinic, or otherwise want to redirect where your EHR incentive payment goes.
- Complete the attestation questions just as you did the previous year. Naturally, Patient Volume data and other data that has changed must be updated. Include documentation of your certified EHR system, and the Signature Page must be signed and dated within 90 days of the submission of your attestation. The Signature Page is always found under the Required Forms link on the left of the page. Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants also have specific pages that must be included with their attestations in addition to the Signature Page.
- Attest to MU criteria. To obtain the latest, up-to-date information on MU, go to the MU Overview page.
- Eligible Hospitals (EHs) attesting in the second and third payment years are required to provide updated Patient Volume (PV) data. Acute Care and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) must have a minimum 10% paid Medicaid PV each year. A children's hospital does not have to meet this requirement. The Medicare EHR Incentive Program determines whether an acute care or CAH meets the MU requirements prior to attesting with TennCare. Children’s Hospitals must submit their MU data to TennCare.
- EHs attesting in the second and third payment years do not to have supply the same information that was used to determine the amount of their EHR incentive payment. The EH's incentive payment was determined in the first payment year.